The Blo͞o Outlier Journal Winter Issue 2020 (Issue #1) ed. Alan Summers
Welcome to the inaugural issue of Blo͞o Outlier Journal!
The Blo͞o Outlier Journal Winter Christmas Eve Special Issue 2020 (Issue #1)
ed. Alan Summers
PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SdwR7QdRK7QP73c3ezhCEWBf5I4r8AGb/view?usp=sharing
![]() | ||||||
The Blo͞o Outlier Journal cover and internal vole & narrow boat illustration©Dru Marland
Enter the magical world of Dru Marland: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DruMarland

Dear Alan,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on such a fantastic inaugural issue of Blo͞o Outlier Journal!
I am simply bowled over at the poetry selection and illustrations/pictures. The cover is beautiful with its fairy-tale imagery.
Drinking deeply of the creativity of the talented poets.
Grateful to you for my place amongst them.
Warmly, Neena
Thank you!
DeleteAlan
Congratulations on this journal.
ReplyDeleteSadly it's not possible for me to open the pdf
:(
Just emailed you a new link, thanks to Valentina of Stardust journal! :-)
DeleteAlan
Congratulations Alan, looking forward to reading this issue, have a great Christmas
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteAlan
Congratulations Alan and Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteThanks 'unknown'! Whoever you are, many thanks, deeply appreciated!
DeleteAlan
Many congratulations, Alan! You have done a magnificent job! I am so honoured and pleased my monoku was published in this gorgeous journal. I am looking forward to reading it. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!
DeleteAlan
Congratulations! Fantastic, Alan! Beautiful, love the whole layout. Oh how you paired that familiar train station with my lines. Thank you so very much.
ReplyDelete~ Christina 😊 ☕
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteAlan
Yay! congrats, Alan and Karen! Thanks for including my work. Introduce some unique themes like 'coffee' (that's on my mind at the moment) to write about. Best Wishes!
ReplyDeletethanks!
DeleteKaren doesn't yet, maybe Christmas morning!
Alan
Dear Alan,
ReplyDeleteMerci... for this successful first edition of your latest haiku endeavor.
Thank you for allowing me to join so many talented writers.
I am honored and humbled.
~ Alfred
Thanks Alfred, but you helped make the journal special. I loved your haiku so much!
DeleteAlan
Just emailed you with a new link, so fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteThanks are to Valentina of Stardust journal who helped me with that link!
Stardust journal:
https://stardusthaiku.blogspot.com/p/about-valentina-ranaldi-adams.html
warm regards,
Alan
Fantastic Journal! Wow.
ReplyDeletePris
Thank you!
DeleteAlan
Alan, thank you and Cheers!
ReplyDeletePat
Thanks!
DeleteAlan
Grazie . Alan congratulations for this your beautiful Journal. I am honoured to be present. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!
DeleteAlan
Greetings!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so pleased that during this year's winter holidays...and the wildest year ever, you've made it possible for all of us to receive such a remarkable journal (a virtual Christmas gift!) of amazing poets works through your generosity and time. Thank you very much.
Your selected illustations are fantasttc, Alan!! I absolutely loved the unexpected spin each brought
and came into play!
Congratulations, writers! You all are truly, my inspiration.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a healthy, Happy New Year to come!!
Alan, I'm sure Karen will love this journal a lot too. Great job, indeed.
Cheers!!!
In gratitude,
Lovette
Cover and internal vole & narrow boat illustration©Dru Marland
DeleteEnter the magical world of Dru Marland
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DruMarland
Alan, the poems I could read were lovely. Sadly I could not see the photos - and my poem seems to be missing.
ReplyDeleteNot to worry, it will all get sorted out and be very lovely. Congratulations!
Your wonderful poem is there, page 105! Maybe I can send you the pdf direct (15mb)? I think you are looking at Google documents which isn't a clean look.
DeleteAlan
Found it. For a while I could only download the first 61 pages and no photos. This is a beautiful journal and I am thrilled to be included. Thank you and Congratulations!
DeleteFantastic!!!
DeleteAlan
Joy of joy! Thank you so much dear Alan and Karen. Indeed CONGRATULATIONS on this very beautiful BLOO OUTLIER JOURNAL, Winter Issue 2020, ( issue #1).
ReplyDeleteDuring the past couple of hours I have read and reread it through and through again and gazed at the beautiful pictures so perfectly accompanying the poems.
I am proud and delighted to be included in BLOO OUTLIER JOURNAL Issue no. 1.. Thank you.
From,
Maureen
Maureen Weldon
Thank you Maureen!
DeleteI am so happy you are part of the journal's first issue ever!!!
Alan
Hats off to you, Alan, for producing such a fabulous first issue of ‘Blōō Outlier Journal’.
ReplyDeleteThe amazing artwork leaps off the page, perfectly complimenting the brilliant poetry, making this a most exciting and inspirational journal, which I’m sure will go far under your editorship.
I couldn’t be more chuffed at having my senryu included in this inaugural issue and feel it’s an honour indeed – thank you.
My very best to you and Karen for the festive season and beyond,
Paul
(Paul Beech)
Thank you! We are going to take this evening off, and Christmas Day, and hopefully work lightly for the next week too!
DeleteThank you for your kind words, deeply appreciated!
Alan
Congratulations, Alan. Looks like I’ve found my reading for a quieter than usual Christmas at mi casa this year. 👍🏻
ReplyDeleteMyronA
Great!!! Thank you!
DeleteAlan
Congratulations, Alan! You've put together such a wonderful inaugural issue! The poems are lovely and so is the artwork. I'm honoured and delighted that my poem has been published in this very first issue of the ‘Blōō Outlier Journal.
ReplyDeleteSeason's Greetings & Best Wishes,
Gracy
Thank you!!!
DeleteAlan
Congratulations for this substantial issue...the beautiful reflection of hardwork...the worthful diversity in haiku,poet and presentation...Wish you more achievements. Let me thank you once again for inclusion of my haiku.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, two solid days with hardly any sleep, but I wanted it launched for December 24th!
DeleteAlan
Alan,
ReplyDeleteLast night was a quick looky see to see who was at the party.
Today found me reading each individual haikai, wearing a smile, nodding my head as I acknowledged each piece that especially resonated with me.
Thank you for my bestest Christmas present of my 71 Christmases.
Lorraine Pester
Wow, thanks!!!
DeleteAlan
Dear Alan, congratulations! I love all of it, the pictures you matched wonderfully with the poems, the lay out and the cover dreamy image of your journal! And then of course I feel so honoured to be a little part of it, the best Christmas present I could get. Today I will enjoy reading all the haikus. So inspirational!
ReplyDeleteMy best wishes,
Cristina
Yes, Dru Marland is a superb artist and I am so excited she said yes to the journal's cover art!
DeleteCover and internal vole & narrow boat illustration©Dru Marland
Enter the magical world of Dru Marland
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DruMarland
The printed and bound volume is already on the shelf.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Henryk
You have!? Wow!
DeleteAlan
Hi Alan, would love to see this publication..very exciting!
ReplyDeleteI can't use the PDF link though..
Congratulations and regards. Nicole
Hi Nicole,
DeleteDo email me if you still can't download it. Could it be a Google documents issue?
warm regards,
Alan
ReplyDeleteAlan! Congratulations for the beautiful volume and fantastic pictures . . It's a pleasent read with the year ending winter chill !!!
Thank you!
DeleteI imagine a roaring woodfire, and perhaps dinner gently being cooked in a stove!
Alan
Dear Alan
ReplyDeleteCongrats for this inaugural issue !
A reader needs to take intuitive leaps that scale the fences of language to connect with some of the poems ..
i am, as it were, transported into some unknown space with your choice of poems and the accompanying pictures .
My best wishes !
Vijay Prasad
India
Dear Vijay,
DeleteDelighted that you are taking leaps and bounds with the journal!
warm regards,
Alan
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm late, I'm late, I'm always late for an important date.
DeleteGoogolplex Wow! …but do you have enough? ;-) Enjoyed it! Simply, double plus good, from the old edition of Newspeak.
In my arrogant tinywords comment tradition:
where the mulberry’s fruit have been . . . autumn
Autumn Moon Haiku Journal, Volume 4:1, Autumn-Winter 2020-2021
Oh this hectic world
https://youtu.be/CBwtNMh_NNk
Thanks Martin!
ReplyDeleteIssue 2 will be very different which will become an Outlier tradition!
Announcements probably around mid to late March, here, and on Facebook etc...
warm regards,
Alan
Is there a way to get notification of submission guidelines? Would love to have been part of this phenomenal issue! Congratulations on the fine job to all involved.
ReplyDeleteMy best for the new year.
Hi Laurie,
DeleteGood point! At the moment this won't be the usual type of journal. Issue 2 call out will be for a different genre.
Announcements will be on this blog, Facebook, and Twitter.
It might be an idea to start a mailing list. I'll also ask Karen if it can be included in a Call of the Page newsletter too!
warm regards,
Alan
Great stuff Alan
ReplyDeleteThank you, deeply appreciated!
DeleteAlan
In one word—Marvelous!
ReplyDeleteThank you! That photo became more precious as it was a gift handmade by a grandfather to my 12 year old nephew. He died just before Christmas Eve where covid was just one more deadly complication in his failing health. He was going to be able to make one final Christmas but sadly he contracted covid as well. That 'bird house' has actually been home to bumblebees one year, and moths the next year! I consider bumblebees as great buskers of the highways.
DeleteThank you again for being part of the first issue.
Alan
Thanks for this amazing Christmas gift, Santa Summers.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Bee Jay
Thanks Bee Jay!!!
DeleteHere's to 2021!
Alan
Congratulations on an awesome issue! Really a landmark event!
ReplyDeleteThank you, very much appreciated!
DeleteAlan